To be eligible for support from the JGF, investment projects shall comply with the following criteria:
- Eligible investment projects must be on the territory of one or more of the following Beneficiaries in the Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia
and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo under UNSCR 1244 (herein after the "Beneficiaries").
- For trans-national and/or regional projects involving one or more of the eligible Beneficiaries but also other non eligible countries, the JGF
support will only cover the investment part pertaining to the eligible Beneficiary.
- The place of registration of the legal entity benefiting from the grant shall be within a Beneficiary. For regional projects involving also
non-Beneficiary countries, the institution or body in charge of the investment could also be based in a non-Beneficiary country, but the JGF
support will only cover the part of the investment taking place in any of the Beneficiaries.
- Investment projects should support any sector that contributes to the economic, social and environmental development of the Western
1. Environment: water supply, waste water treatment, sewage systems, solid waste and hazardous waste management, emission control, etc.
2. Energy: renewable energy, interconnection systems, transmission, co-generation, hydro, gas pipelines, etc.
3. Energy Efficiency and savings
4. Transport: railways and inland waterways including river ports, roads, seaports, airports, border facilities, inter modal terminals and urban
5. Social: schools and education centres, hospitals and health centres, social housing, reclusion centres and other public buildings.
6. SMEs, private and financial sector support
7. Other sectors supporting socio-economic development as agreed by the Project Financiers' Group and the Steering Committee.
- Within these sectors, IPA funds of the JGF will be used only for the purpose defined in each relevant Commission Decision (e.g. for IPF TA
and Municipal window) following EU Member States approval in the IPA Committee. The IPA Funds cannot be used for activities already
supported by or eligible for the Regional Development Component of IPA.
Eligible beneficiary entities Investment projects may benefit public or private entities or entities with mixed public-private capital responsible for the provision, management, construction and negotiation of public utilities and services.
For more info about this project visit: http://www.wbif.eu/