The Global Fund for Women supports women's groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. We strengthen women's groups based outside the United States by providing small, flexible, and timely grants for operating and project expenses. We value local expertise and believe that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and propose solutions for lasting change.
We welcome proposals that may fall into, but are not limited to, the following broad thematic areas: Building Peace and Ending Gender-Based Violence, Advancing Health and Sexual and Reproductive Rights, Expanding Civic and Political Participation, Ensuring Economic and Environmental Justice, Increasing Access to Education and Fostering Social Change Philanthropy.
- It is based in a country outside the United States.
- Its primary focus is advancing women's equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities.
- It is a group of women working together. We do not accept requests from individuals.
- It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill all or most of the leadership roles.
We give priority to women's groups that might particularly benefit from our support:
- Are in the first five years of existence.
- Do not have access to funds from larger donor agencies.
- Are located in a region or country that has extremely limited access to funding resources.
- Are working on issues that are difficult or controversial for women to raise in their communities, yet are critical to the realization of
women's human rights.
- Are organized and led by women from particularly marginalized populations.
From $500 to $30,000 per year
First-time grant awards generally range from $4,000 to $10,000 per year.
For more info about this project visit: http://www.globalfundforwomen.org/apply-for-a-grant/types-of-grant